Thursday, December 3, 2009

Recent Adventures

So, I've been keeping myself busy of late, hence the lack of updates. My most exciting bit of news is that I got the part of Olive in "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" with the Phoenix Theatre Ensemble, which is based in Beenleigh (just South of Brisbane). They did an excellent production of "The Last 5 Years" which Pat and I went to see, so I feel like I'm in good hands. It's a great cast with a lovely director and I'm doing what I love the most, which is singing with a group of people who also love to sing!

In other news, those of you who follow Pat's blog will know we went to the Moreton Bay Research Station on Stradbroke Island to do some volunteer work for their once-a-year Open Day. We made some new friends (aquatic and human!) and had a great time on the beautiful little island.



Pelicans on the beach!



The beach itself. The texture of the sand is due to millions of crab and clam holes! It was very cool up close.



Sunset as seen from the outdoor bar. Yes, an outdoor bar. I would go back just for that, honestly. You come in through the front door and there's an open room with one wall (where the drinks are) and then it just opens out into a field with a beautiful view.

I've also been volunteering at the Australian Cavy Sanctuary in Cashmere, just North of Brisbane. I get my cuddly little animal fix and I get to feel like I'm helping out as well. There are so many little guinea pigs! I know you don't need a hundred pictures of guinea pigs, so here is just one:



There were also two cats and a dog on the property, not to mention this little guy, who showed up around feeding time (hard to resist those fruits and veggies) and shamelessly entered one of the cages for a snack:



A possum during the day! Well, that's Australia for you.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news ...so happy to hear your version of Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Darling,
    Great pics, especially the animals. more guinea Pigs, and Possums please.Mum

    ReplyDelete